Import of Procedure Using Synonym INSERT_UPDATE Mode Causes a Corrupted ODI Work Repository
Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to import a Procedure with synonym INSERT_UPDATE or synonym INSERT into a different Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Work Repository where the parent Folder and / or Project doesn't exist, the Procedure seems to be imported, but is not associated to a Folder and Project, thereby causing a corrupted Work Repository.
The issue is confirmed for both ODI 188.8.131.52.0 and 184.108.40.206.6.
- Have two Work Repositories, WORK1 and WORK2.
- Create a simple Procedure in Work Repository WORK1.
- Export the Procedure from WORK1.
- Import the Procedure into another Project Folder in Work Repository WORK2, using synonym INSERT_UPDATE or INSERT mode.
- Observe the procedure is imported, but it does not display in the Project Folder to which it was imported.
Looking at the SNP_TRT table, the Procedure was imported, but it has a "null" value for both parent ID, and Folder ID.
This corruption will then prevent the later import of this Work Repository, see <Document 2238227.1> - "ODI-14070 Parent Object Was Not Found" When Importing Work Repository into ODI 12.2.1.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms