In IE, ADF Applies Different Rounding Criteria For The Same Numeric Value
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle JDeveloper - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ADF applies different rounding criteria for the same numeric value when the overflowing decimal digit is 5.
- When the last decimal digit is odd and the overflowing decimal digit is 5, ADF will always round up.
- However, when the last decimal digit is even and the overflowing decimal digit is 5, ADF will first round up, then round down, then round up, then round down, and so on.
For example, using a numeric field with 2 decimal places:
- Enter value = 1.1105 and press Submit. ADF will round up to 1.111
- Enter same value again and press Submit. ADF will round down to 1.11
- Repeat previous step as many times as desired. ADF will keep rounding up, then rounding down, and so on.
- Now enter value = 1.1115 and press Submit. It will be rounded to 1.112
- Enter same value again and press Submit. it will be rounded again to 1.112
- Repeat previous step as many times as desired. ADF will always round up.
This behavior is seen in IE and not in Firefox
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms