Last updated on JUNE 30, 2017
Applies to:Java SE JDK and JRE - Version 8 to 8
Information in this document applies to any platform.
MAC address lookups with Java 8 Update 112 and higher can intermittently return a null value in a Linux multithreaded (multi-CPU) environment.
The problem occurs only with:
- Java 8 Update 112 and higher patch updates
- Linux systems in a multithreaded environment (i.e. multiple CPUs)
- Typically under load
The problem does not occur with:
- Windows, Solaris or MacOSX systems
- Java 8 Update 111 and older patch updates
- Single CPU systems of any operating system
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms