Primary Note for WebCenter Enterprise Capture v12c
(Doc ID 2283990.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 23, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Enterprise Capture - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle WebCenter Enterprise Capture 12c is available.
Overview of What's New for 12c:
- Capture Import Processor replaces Imaging Input Agent
- Enhanced Capture Client
- Enhanced Capture Server Features
- Capture Document Attachments support
WebCenter Enterprise Capture SE and Migration from WebCenter Capture
WebCenter Enterprise Capture (WEC) has replaced WebCenter Capture (WC) and WebCenter Distributed Capture (WDC). WebCenter Enterprise Capture Standard Edition (WEC SE) has been added as a vehicle for customers upgrading from the removed products.
Unlike WebCenter Enterprise Capture (WEC), WEC SE may only be deployed and managed as individual non-clustered instances regardless of whether it is deployed in Weblogic Server Enterprise Edition (WLS EE) or Weblogic Server Standard Edition (WLS SE). Customers that require clustering will require both WEC and WLS EE. Both WEC and WEC SE include a license to use WLS SE, which is restricted to hosting WEC SE Java application logic.
Please see Document 2064485.1 for complete details.
- Host server as J2EE application
- Port Capture servers (Import, Recognition and Commit) to J2EE
- Provide Java applet scan/index user interface
- Provide ADF administrative user interface
- FMW stack integration: install/configuration, WLST, EM, OPSS, etc…
Check the resources below to get started.
|Resource Type||Resource Description|
The best place to begin is with the documentation. The Capture documentation is included in the WebCenter Content Documentation Library.
Downloads are available on OTN as well as Oracle Software Delivery Cloud (E-Delivery).
1. Access E-Delivery: https://edelivery.oracle.com/
2. After signing in, begin to enter the appropriate product "Enterprise Capture".
3. Select a platform.
4. If the release is correct, click Continue.
5. If an alternate release is needed, click on "Select Alternate Release" and then the drop down arrow. Select the appropriate release.
4. Click Continue.
5. Read and accept the Terms and Restrictions, then click Continue.
6. At this point, you should be presented with a list of products/versions. Click to download the appropriate release.You will need the following:
Oracle WebCenter Content
Oracle WebLogic Server
Certification information is available on from the Certifications tab on MOS.
If you have certification questions on your Fusion Middleware products, please use our new Middleware Certification Community.
|Oracle By Example - You can find self-study modules in the "Fusion Middleware" area.
Oracle University - You can find classes for the tech stack in the "Middleware" area.
Recommended KM Documents and Announcements
Document 2067900.1 Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c Release 2 (12.2) Announcements
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Recommended KM Documents and Announcements|