Remote Oracle HTTP Server Fails to Start with the Error "fail to load domain from directory" OR "60820: Unsupported Domain"
(Doc ID 2284689.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2023
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Middleware High Availability - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After installing 12c Forms and Reports as per high availability guide in the url
While trying to start Oracle HTTP Server, it fails to start with the error "fail to load domain from directory"
Complete Stack is as follows:
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Forms and Reports
2. Create domain in a shared storage
3. Use Pack and unpack command with managed=true to create managed servers and OHS on Node1 and Node2.
4. All the managed Servers can be started without any errors
5. Oracle HTTP Server fails to start with the above mentioned error.
6. If pack/unpack is used with managed=false then OHS starts fine but managed servers fails to start due to known issue as documented in the article
<Note:2060065.1> - WebLogic Managed Server Does Not Start Due To Pack Command Did Not Use The Option "managed=true"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document