Last updated on JULY 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While using Oracle HTTP Server 12.1.3, httpd.exe consumes high memory when it reaches max allowed websocket connections (WLMaxWebSocketClients)
It continues to grow as long as a client is trying to reconnect and eventually the machine runs out of memory.
In the windows event viewer we can see this message:
In the task manager also we can see httpd.exe consuming high memory.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install weblogic 12.1.3
2. Install Oracle HTTP Server 12.1.3
3. Deploy WebSocket application
4. Configure mod_wl_ohs to access websocket application through Oracle HTTP Server
5. In mod_wl_ohs.conf set "WLMaxWebSocketClients 4" for testing
6. Run the client code and check whether memory usage for httpd.exe
In the Windows even viewe we can see the below message:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms