Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Bus - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OSB Business Service (https) is unable to load balance if one or more Proxy Servers are down or invalid.
We have configured to use ProxyServer in our Business Service (https) to connect to endpoint.
Our Proxy Server contains 3 IP's.Out of 2 only 1 is up and the other went down.
As per definition in document : https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/admin.1111/e15867/configuringandusingservices.htm#OSBAG169
Section : 35.7.4 Using Proxy Servers
"Adding multiple proxy servers to a resource enables Oracle Service Bus to perform load balancing and offer fault tolerance among the configured proxy servers.
If a particular proxy server is not reachable, Oracle Service Bus attempts to use the next proxy server in the configuration.
If all proxy servers are unreachable, Oracle Service Bus tries to connect to the back end service directly.
If that too fails, a fault is raised and sent back to the caller."
At the first attempt if the first proxy server is invalid or down, its taking OSB 3 mins to figure this out and try next proxy server and it is successful.
But since the first attempt is taking 3 mins, users are missing SLAs on the requests.
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
1. Added 2 IP's to Proxy Server. 1 Valid IP, 1 Invalid IP.
2. Create a Business Service to include this Proxy Server and use https endpoint.
2. Send Request to OSB Proxy service which calls BusinessService through Proxy Server.
3. Verify from Logs request landed on IP which is Invalid or Down
getting below error message:
4. IN business service -> Configuration Details -> Protocol : http -> Load Balancing Algorithm we are using Round-Robin -> Retry Application Errors Yes and -> Retry Count 0
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms