OWSM Policy Does not stay Attached after a Restart On GenericSoapService in UCM Environment.
(Doc ID 2296020.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Web Services Manager - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In UCM 220.127.116.11 (Web Content 18.104.22.168), after detaching the default policy oracle/wsmtom_policy from the default GenericSoapPort webservice and then attaching oracle/no_ntom_policy to the same service, a restart was done to the server. When the webservice GenericSoapPort was verified to see if the changes were saved, the oracle/no_ntom_policy was not saved. It is still showing the old policy being attached
OS: Red Hat Enterprise 6
product: UCM (WCC)/OWSM
The issue has been tested on celvpvm04381.us.oracle.com and it was reproduced.
To recreate the issue follow below steps:
1. Start Admin server by navigating to /home/oracle/scripts folder and run below script.
2. Start Node Manager from above folder by executing below script:
To kill Node Manager:- ps -fea |grep node kill
3. To start UCM managed server, use WLS Admin console.
4. Log onto EM ( localhost:7001/em ) and navigate to Application Deployments --> Oracle UCM Web Services
5. Then go to Modules and Components.
6. Select the GenericSoapPort for Oracle UCM Web Services (for UCM_server1).
7. Click on the Attach/Detach Policies link.
8. Under the Directly Attached Policies sub-heading, click on Attach/Detach link.
9. A pop-up dialog box appears. Highlight the oracle/wsmtom_policy and click Detach.
10. Next highlight the oracle/no_ntom_policy and click Attach.
11. On top of the dialog box, click Validate then click OK on notification and then on page itself. A successful validation notification appears.
12. This takes the user back to configuration page which refreshes with latest configuration. AT this stage oracle/no_ntom_policy is updated under mtom Category.
13. Restart WCC from WLS console.
14. Log back into EM, navigate back the Attach/Detach screen, and check the policies.
The same behavior can be seen after stopping and starting UCM web-services from EM console as well.
This is ONLY happening when Node Manager is used. It works fine when using command line script to start server.
Expected Result: All the policies attached/detached should be saved.
Actual Result: The configuration on attach/detach policies is not saved and returns to previous state.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!