Last updated on AUGUST 30, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Business Process Management Suite - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We are seeing an increasing number of instances that are created, possibly due to some kind of auto-recovery triggered as a result of undelivered messages.
We want to understand what would be the best way to abort these messages in the backlog and prevent the auto-reovery from getting triggered.
Please note that we have disabled BPMN auto-recovery, by setting the start and end time to 00:00. EM auto-recovery is also disabled.
Please find attached snapshot from EM Error Hospital which shows the Non-Recoverable faults(AutoRecoveredOrphanedInstances.png)
checked the logs and see a lot of “The correlation set was not defined in the process” errors being thrown.
1. All of these instances are orphan instances i.e. they are not initiated via the modelled null initiating task. The FLOW_ID does not appear in sca_flow_instance or wftask table.
2. These instances cannot be aborted from EM(the abort button is disabled)
3. These instances increase exponentially everyday.
4. When we click on the EM to get a full list of all the faulted instances, it takes a lot of time to get the response back. This might send the soa_infra database to stress.
5. We are not sure what is triggering these everyday. We have disabled auto –recovery in BPMN engine and EM.
This is becoming a problem because we cannot clear the backlog(Point 2 and Point 4) and it keeps increasing(Point 5)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms