Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle API Gateway - Version 11.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Attempting to environmentalize a database connection password in Oracle API Gateway (OAG).
When environmentalizing and deploying a password, the OAG instance says that cannot connect, null/empty password.
The steps used to expose the issue:
- Enable a Group Passphrase for a gateway configuration
- Enable 'Allow environmentalization of fields'
- Create an External Database Connection
- Environmentalize the database password
- Create a new policy.
- Add a 'Retrieve from or write to database' filter
Database Location: use the database configured above
Database Statements: Add statement 'select * from dual'
- Right-click, select 'Set as Start'
- Create a Relative Path for the policy.
- Deploy the configuration.
Result: The deployment will fail.
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied
How can this error be overcome?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms