Oracle Access Manager 11g (OAM 11.1.x) Authorization is not Taking Effect - No Errors Reported
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Oracle Access Manager 11g (OAM 11.1.x) Authorization is not Taking Effect - No Errors Reported
- OAM Authorization issue is not taking effect
- OAM authorization policy is configured at each applications domain level, visible in the OAM console UI.
- Authorization policies block user from accessing the resource url, based on user's access in the system.
There are 2 webgate agents
The preferred HOST for Webgate_IDM_11g is IAMSuiteAgent
The preferred HOST for app_ohs is app_ohs
/identity is the resource that is required to be Authorized using the policies
/identity is routed via webgate that uses preferred host name as - 'IAMSuite'
- The issues was observed because the Authorization policy was updated on resources that uses preferred host name as 'ap_ohs'
- The application of the resources with preferred host name 'IAMSuite' +/identity needs to be updated, for the authorization policy to take effect
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms