FMW 18.104.22.168.0: "ONS configuration failed" or "oracle.ons.NoServersAvailable: Subscription time out"
(Doc ID 2308193.1)
Last updated on APRIL 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 12c]
Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 12c]
JDBC - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After installing Weblogic Server (WLS) or Fusion Middleware (FMW) 18.104.22.168 or upgrading from 12.2.1.x to 22.214.171.124.0, JDBC fails with the error "ONS configuration failed" or "Subscription time out".
While this is JDBC issue, in the FMW/WLS context, this issue can be seen during Upgrade, Installation/Configuration or starting Admin/Managed Servers.
- Exact same configuration works fine in SQL Developer.
- This issue is consistent.
- Issue is seen for all datasources.
- Issue is seen while creating a new datasource as well as while testing an existing datasource.
- This is a single instance database, not RAC, so no ONS service running.
Install or upgrade to 126.96.36.199.0 using JDBC 188.8.131.52.0.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document