FMW 188.8.131.52.0: "ONS configuration failed" or "oracle.ons.NoServersAvailable: Subscription time out"
Last updated on APRIL 15, 2018
Applies to:JDBC - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 12c]
Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After installing Weblogic Server (WLS) or Fusion Middleware (FMW) 188.8.131.52 or upgrading from 12.2.1.x to 184.108.40.206.0, JDBC fails with the error "ONS configuration failed" or "Subscription time out".
While this is JDBC issue, in the FMW/WLS context, this issue can bee seen during Upgrade, Installation/Configuration or starting Admin/Managed Servers.
- Exact same configuration works fine in SQL Developer (220.127.116.11.1159).
- This issue is consistent.
- Issue is seen for all datasources.
- Issue is seen while creating a new datasource as well as while testing an existing datasource.
- This is a single instance database, not RAC, so no ONS service running.
Install or upgrade to 18.104.22.168.0 using JDBC 22.214.171.124
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms