NMAP scanning caused WLS CRASH when enable SNMP with default setting
(Doc ID 2315777.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue could be reproduced easily by following below steps:
- On WebLogic 126.96.36.199 , create default domain with AdminServer only.
- Start AdminServer using the startWebLogic.sh script
- Login to Admin Console and under DOMAIN -> Diagnostics -> SNMP, enable Domain-scoped SNMP Agent and save setting.
- Use NMAP (7.5 or 7.6) input IP Address on which AdminServer is running, and click "scan".
- About 1 min, Java process of AdminServer will be crashed with OOM exception below.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!