ORA-06550 or ORA-01461 when Importing a Large Workspace
(Doc ID 2316476.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Application Express (formerly HTML DB) - Version 3.2.0.00.27 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Problem occurs when attempting to import a very large workspace - 1.7 GB - via the GUI interface.
2. After a long period of time the import fails with:
Execution of the statement was unsuccessful. ORA-06550: line 2, column 1: PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "END" when expecting one of the following: ( begin case declare exit for goto if loop mod null pragma raise return select update while with <an identifier> <a double-quoted delimited-identifier> <a bind variable> << continue close current delete fetch lock insert open rollback savepoint set sql execute commit forall merge pipe purge
3. Attempted the import from SQL plus and the following error occurred:
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column
ORA-06512: at "APEX_050000.WWV_FLOW_API", line 23815
ORA-06512: at line 2
4. Accomplished the export using the APEXExport utility and imported using sqlplus and same error in #3 above occurred.
5. Incident occurred using APEX 5.0.4 in 184.108.40.206 DB
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document