ODI 12c Variables Retain References to Mappings After Link Between Them is Removed
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 126.96.36.199.6 to 188.8.131.52.6 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c, all references to mappings in a variable remain even though the link no longer exists. When generating a scenario, variables that are no longer part of the mappings are shown in the list.
References should be deleted as the dependencies are removed.
- Create a mapping and associated variable, then save the mapping.
- Open the mapping again and replace the variable with another one. Save the mapping.
- Navigate to the "Designer" tab, then in the "Projects" window click the "+" sign next to "Variables".
- Click the "+" sign next to the variable created in Step 1.
- Click the "+" sign next to "Used by" and notice that the variable still references the mapping, even though the link has been removed.
- Generate a scenario from the mapping. Notice that the list of variables also includes the deleted or replaced variable.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms