ODI 12c Variables Retain References to Mappings and Still Shown in "Used by" After Link Between Them is Removed
(Doc ID 2317455.1)
Last updated on MAY 28, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 22.214.171.124.6 to 126.96.36.199.6 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c, all references to mappings in a variable remain even though the link no longer exists. When generating a scenario, variables that are no longer part of the mappings are shown in the list.
References should be deleted as the dependencies are removed.
- Create a mapping and associated variable, then save the mapping.
- Open the mapping again and replace the variable with another one. Save the mapping.
- Navigate to the "Designer" tab, then in the "Projects" window click the "+" sign next to "Variables".
- Click the "+" sign next to the variable created in Step 1.
- Click the "+" sign next to "Used by" and notice that the variable still references the mapping, even though the link has been removed.
- Generate a scenario from the mapping. Notice that the list of variables also includes the deleted or replaced variable.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!