Devices are Missing From WebCenter Portal Administration -> Settings -> Device Settings
(Doc ID 2328191.1)
Last updated on MARCH 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Devices are Missing From WebCenter Portal Administration -> Settings - > Device Settings.
The WebCenter Portal Devices page is blank, all seeded and custom devices are missing.
There is no error in the user interface and no error in the Portal diagnostic logs.
Expect to see the devices both seeded and custom.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Connect to WebCenter Portal.
- Go to Administration -> Settings -> Devices Settings -> Devices.
You will now see the devices page is empty.
None of the seeded or custom devices is showing.
Revoked view permissions from Public-User.
This can be verified as follows from the WebCenter UI:
- Connect to WebCenter Portal
- Go to Administration -> Security
- Select the Roles Tab
- From the drop-down select the Public-User Role
- There you can see the following permission is missing:
Portal Server - View
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document