"NoSuchRoleException: IAM-3056140:Cannot find a role for the criteria" When Migrating Roles in LDAPsync Environment
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2018
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 18.104.22.168.170418 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a LDAPSync environment, based on certain rules, the role is added to the containers. Suppose you are trying to migrate such roles from one environment to the other after importing the LDAPConatinerrules.xml to MDS and creating the required container in LDAP, during the import of roles from one environment to the other using deployment manager, the error is seen.
2. Import the file to MDS
3. Create a container in LDAP to match the rule requirement cn=TestGroup,dc=idam,dc=com
4. Create a Role in OIM with description 'TestGroup'
5. The role is created in LDAP as well
6. Take an export of the role roleexport.xml
7. Revert the environment to the backup taken
8. Import back the LDAPConatinerRule.xml that was created in Step 1
9. Create a container in LDAP to match the rule requirement cn=TestGroup,dc=idam,dc=com
10. Import the roleexport.xml file from Step 6
11. Error is seen in the deployment manager
12. The role is created in OIM and synced with LDAP.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms