Tuxedo 12.2.2 Installer In Console Mode With Private Inventory Fails: CheckInventoryDir Failed
Last updated on NOVEMBER 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Tuxedo - Version 12.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Red Hat Enterprise 7 Linux x86-64 installing Tuxedo 12.2.2 64 bits
Installer Tuxedo 12 fails when run in console mode.
1. Created a user/group tuxedo/tuxedo ($HOME is /home/tuxedo)
2. Created a taget directory: /opt/oracle/tuxedo (own by tuxedo/tuxedo)
3. As user tuxedo, unzipped tuxedo122200_64_Linux_01_x86.zip in a working directory
4. Created /home/tuxedo/oraInventory/oraInst.loc (owned by tuxedo/tuxedo and user and group has rw permission on this file)
5. Started up the installer ./runInstaller.sh -console as user tuxedo
This shell script guides you through the installation and configuration of your Oracle Products. Press "Enter" to accept the default and proceed to the next screen. You may cancel this installation at any time by typing "quit".
Press "Enter" to continue:
->1- Central Inventory
2- Private Inventory
0- Go back
Enter a number: 2
Enter your private inventory pointer file: /home/tuxedo/oraInventory/oraInst.loc
TMP environment variable set properly with proper directory permissions (drwxr-x---)
JAVA_HOME environment variable set correctly to point to JRE 1.8 (jdk1.8.0_151) directory
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms