Second Factor Authentication Fails From Diagnostic.log "Error while checking if the resource null is protected or not."
(Doc ID 2336825.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Mobile and Social - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 11gR2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Testing the Adaptive Authentication Plugin and login fails and the log file shows "Error while checking if the resource null is protected or not."
- From the oam_server-diagnostic.log:
- Oracle Access Manager 11gR2PS3
- LDAP Authentication is working
Steps to Reproduce
1. Access a resource protected by the LDAP Scheme
2. Prompted for Username and password, which is entered and authentication is successful
3. Now in the same browser session access a resource protected by the Adaptive Authentication Plugin and it fails (see error from log) and does not prompt for second factor authentication.
- The configRequestCacheType is set to FORM. When switching it to COOKIE, then the Adaptive Authentication Plugin works. After a successful login on a resource protected by LDAP then go to the url protected by Adaptive authentication. Now Second Factor Authentication (2FA) is engaged requesting a pin. When a valid pin is provided 2FA is successful.
- Can not use configRequestCacheType=COOKIE as protected resource requires configRequestCacheType=FORM.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document