Oracle Access Manager 11gr2ps3 (OAM 126.96.36.199.x) Multi Data Center (MDC) Persistent Login (Remember Me) Fails Browser Error/Looping
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Oracle Access Manager 11gr2ps3 (OAM 184.108.40.206.x)
- Multi Data Center (MDC)
- Persistent Login (Remember Me)
- Fails Browser Error/Looping
- Issue is reproducible using OHS or Apache
- Failure flow ...
1. Data Center 1 (DC1) and Data Center 2 (DC2) Web servers are using DC1 primary as primary server for their webgates.
2. DC2 Oam is setup for authentication.
3. Access DC2 web server url to login, using "keep me signed in" option. Close browser.
4. Open browser again, in tab1 access DC2 Ohs, it does not prompt for authentication. In new tab (tab2) access DC1 Ohs url (using DC1 Oam as primary). Noticed error, request looping. Chrome shows an error: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
5. Repeat test using DC1 Web server url in first tab it works. Any other urls accessed in next tabs result in error, similar to ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS .
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms