How to Backup / Restore Only Metadata Repository Schemas Created by Repository Creation Utility (RCU)
(Doc ID 2337961.1)
Last updated on APRIL 13, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
To provide context to the question, for example - Oracle Forms and Reports installations were introduced in Oracle Fusion Middleware beginning with version 188.8.131.52.0. Minimally there are five schemas created in the database by the Repository Creation Utility (RCU):
FRMAR_IAU / FRMAR_IAU_APPEND / FRMAR_IAU_VIEWER / FRMAR_OPSS / FRMAR_STB
If unable or choose not to restore the whole database, question is how to backup and restore only these schemas created by RCU? For example, are the commonly used export / import (expdp / impdb) methods supported?
For example, this is a common scenario DBAs have performed for other schemas:
1) stop all processes that may be accessing the database
2) expdp the accounts or schemas
3) drop database and restore from an other database without the users (all else being equal)
4) imdp the accounts or schemas
5) start all processes to allow access to the database
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!