FEDERATION: INTERMITTENT GLOBAL LOGOUT FAILURES WITH 2 OAM SERVERS IN A CLUSTER
Last updated on JANUARY 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- OAM 126.96.36.199.0 acting as Identity Provider (IdP) and a 3rd party product as a Service Provider (SP) .
- 2 OAM Servers in a cluster
- WebGate protecting the main home page with OAM.
- User Access homepage URL protected by OAM 188.8.131.52.0 => https://www.homepage.com/
- They get redirected to a custom Login Form on which they provide their credentials.
- After a successful authentication, they are granted access to the main homepage.
- From the main homepage, they initiate an Id-initiated SSO with the following URL:
- Which lands the user on the following URL on the SP: http://sphost.com/now
- Then the user initiates Logout from the IdP, meaning from the main homepage on OAM with the following URL:
- That URL initiates the Global Logout Process and the IdP submits a Logout Request to the SP which sends back a Response to the IdP.
- Upon reception of the Logout Response from the Service Provider, intermittently, the user gets redirected to the Login Page (expected behavior), and other times, the user gets redirected to an Error page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms