Implementation Syntax of User Functions not Viewable for ODI Users with Read-Only Access
(Doc ID 2341446.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 126.96.36.199.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) allows user accounts to be granted different access privileges.
A user "Guest user" has view (read-only) access to user functions. This allows the user to view how a specific project is implemented in detail, without the ability to make changes. However, the user "Guest user" is unable to view Technology specific implementation syntax details.
(A) As Supervisor:
- Duplicate "NG Designer" Profile, i.e. "Guest - NG Designer".
- Go to the "Authorization" tab.
- Select Object Variables, and deselect all options. Select only "View" and "Export".
- Select Object "User Functions", and deselect all options. Select only "View" and "Export".
NOTE: for the purpose of this test we have left all other default settings.
- Save the Profile.
- Create a new user "Guest".
- Assign the following profiles to user:
CONNECT, CONSOLE, Guest - NG Designer
(B) Login as "Guest":
- In Designer tab, expand a project, i.e. "TEST".
- Expand "User Functions" and open a Variable, i.e.: "TEST_VARIABLE".
- Go to "Implementations" tab, notice that everything is "greyed out" indicating that no changes can be done.
Notice that the "Pencil" icon cannot be selected, and there is no way to view the "Syntax" for the specific Technology, i.e. Oracle.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document