Standby Mode in Weblogic 12.1.3 Does Not Work When Admin Port is Enabled
(Doc ID 2349453.1)
Last updated on MARCH 26, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to use the STANDBY mode in WebLogic 12.1.3 with Admin Port enabled, the server will get to the STANDBY state but when attempting to resume the server fails with exception:
1. Create a WebLogic domain with Admin and 1 managed server and start the Admin Server.
2. Enabled Admin Port of the domain as <PORT1>.
3. Changed the local Admin Port of managed server to <PORT2>.
4. Domain --> Environment --> Servers --> <my_managed_server> --> Advanced and Change the Startup Mode: to Standby
5. Create a machine and associated managed server to it
6. Start NodeManager
7. Start Managed server from console and it will go to Standby state.
8. Select the Managed server and click on resume the managed server will fail with above mentioned exception
Use STANDBY mode in WebLogic 12.1.3 with Admin Port enabled
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document