Import Of .XLSX formatted File Results in "Java Heap Space" Errors in SQL Developer
Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2018
Applies to:Oracle SQL Developer - Version 17.3.1 to 17.4
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Trying to import a large file of type .xlsx throws 'Java heap space' memory errors.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Invoke SQL Developer.
2. Open connection to desired database.
2. Go to the recipient table in hierarchy, right-click and choose IMPORT DATA
4. On the data preview window, browse for xlsx file
5. Open this Import Data File
6. Fails with reported error:
Already tried options in <Note:2237489.1>. That is, increased the JVM's memory limit (Add64VMOption -Xmx2048m) in product.conf (%APPDATA%\sqldeveloper\<version>\product.conf), but error persists.
No changes, just using the normal SQL Developer configurations and settings.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms