ODI-10223 and ODI-17769 Errors are Received when Importing or Executing Artifacts Exported from an ODI 12c Environment which has the 11g-Compatibility Mode Turned ON
(Doc ID 2356928.1)
Last updated on JULY 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 11g Repositories have been upgraded to ODI 12c using the following options:
- Upgrade repository to use GUIDs: NO
- Upgrade interfaces to use 12c mappings: YES
Due to the settings above, the upgraded ODI 12c Repositories are 11g-compatible.
A smart export file has been extracted from the above 12c Repositories, and has -- as expected, IsLegacyIdCompatible="true" in the header records of export .xml file
The following issues arise when importing this 11g-compatible smart export file into another ODI 12c environment:
- An inappropriate ODI-10223 is received when importing into an 11g-compatible ODI 12c environment:
- The import into a regular, non 11g-compatible ODI 12c environment does inappropriately succeed...
... and following ODI-17769 error is received when trying to execute the imported artifacts:
To replicate the behavior:
- Have one ODI 11g environment (ENV1), and upgrade to ODI 12c, using compatibility mode. (Use the settings in "odi.xml", as explained in <Document 2273310.1>)
- Start ODI 12c Studio, and connect to the upgraded Repositories (ENV1). Smart export some Mappings from this environment.
- Have another ODI 12c environment (ENV2), which also has been upgraded from ODI 11g using compatibility mode.
- Start ODI 12c Studio, and connect to ENV2. Smart import the export file, and observe the ODI-10223 error.
- Have a third ODI 12c environment (ENV3), which has been created using the 12c Repository Creation Utility (RCU). Due to its creation mode, please observe this environment has the 11g-compatibility mode turned off.
- Start ODI 12c Studio, and connect to ENV3. Smart import the export file, and observe this does unexpectedly succeed. Run the imported Mapping, and observe the ODI-17769 error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document