Justification Field and Details in Requests Can Be Left Empty Despite Being Explicitly Marked Required
(Doc ID 2368863.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2018
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 126.96.36.199.9 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g to 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
One is able to create request even one does not provide values to fields such as Justification field which are marked as required.
Steps below are to make to Justification field mandatory
- Create a sandbox
- Navigate to the request page
- Click on customization
- Select the justification field and enter the EL expression similar to the one below
- Click on test and it returns true.
- Click ok and save.
- see the Justification with a * (required)
- Publish the sandbox
Note : By default Justification is not required and you have perform the above steps to make it required.
1) Log into OIM (I logged in as xelsysadm, but you may log in as anyone)
2) Open up Catalog
3) Request for Others (select an arbitrary user to request for)
4) Search for an application that has required fields that need to be filled out before submitting request
5) Add the application to cart
7) Fill out required fields (such as justification)
8) Click on the downward facing greater than symbol next to "Justification and Effective Date" and also "Details" (this will collapse the sections)
9) Close out of Catalog tab by clicking on "x" next to "Catalog" in the tab
10) Open up Catalog again
11) Request for Others (select an arbitrary user to request for)
12) Search for same application as earlier (or any application that has required fields that need to be filled out before submitting request)
13) Add the application to cart
15) In checkout screen, fields should be collapsed
16) Click "Ready to Submit"
17) Click Submit
OIM should not allow to submit request with out the entering the details for required Justification field and details section . However required fields are not getting validated when they are collapsed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document