Deleting and Reinstalling App as a Replacement Does Not Reflect a New App Deployment
Last updated on APRIL 08, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.6 to 220.127.116.11.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Following delete-Install app replacement in same edit session does not work. The Admin console shows that the replacement worked successfully, however actually it does not change.
Below are steps using a sample:
1. Webapp "sample.war" is deployed and active
- it shows "Hello World #1".
3. Stop the sample
4. Press "Lock and Edit" and delete it
5. (Do not press "Activate changes")
6. Change the app ("Hello World #2") and replace sample.war
7. Deploy (install) sample
8. Activate changes and start
- It still shows "Hello World #1"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms