MDC Replication For Federation via APS
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g to 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OAM in MDC
APS set and working
Federation Enable and working fine on Master
SP created on Master.
- Set up MDC as well as Federation.
- Configured APS for automatic synchronization between Master and Clone.
- Ensure SSO and MDC are working properly.
- Ensure APS is also working properly.
- OAM is acting as IDP in the Federation scenario.
- In OAM Console on the Master, create a SP Federation partner by importing their metadata.xml file.
- After the partner is created, issue the following commands to set a specific Authentication Scheme on the IdP for the newly created Service Provider:
- After the above on the Master, the new SP got automatically created on the Clone, via APS.
- However, the specific authentication scheme configured on the Master using WLST commands did not get transferred to the Clone by APS.
- On the Clone, the customer must manually issue the same WLST commands for the Authentication Scheme to be set on the clone as well.
Customer's expectation is that once the WLST commands are issued on the Master, the settings must automatically be transferred to the Clone by APS. They must not re-issue the same commands manually on the clone.
- This note also apply to any new SP created on the Master where the authentication scheme has been defined. Note that APS synchronize the SP but Federation does not work.
- New SP is created on the Master where an authentication scheme has been defined
- Modify a SP already created on Master by running command above to set an authentication scheme.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms