Shortcut to a Folder is Deleted the Shortcut Metadata Records in FrameworkFoldersMetaDefaults Table are not Deleted
Last updated on JUNE 20, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a shortcut to a folder is deleted, even deleted permanently from the user's trash, the shortcut's metadata records in FrameworkFoldersMetaDefaults table are not deleted.
Steps to replicate issue
1. Create a folder for the shortcut (e.g., SourceFolderForShortcut) to access and a target folder (e.g., TargetFolder) that will store the shortcut.
2. Navigate into the target folder and select Edit -> Metadata Values. Select some default metadata like Type and Security Group. Then, click Save.
3. Navigate to parent folder that the shortcut will access. Click on menu and select Create Shortcut. In the Create Shortcut dialog, select a target folder(e.g., "TargetFolder").
4. Run the following queries to get fFolderGUID of shortcut and to view the metadata defaults.
5. Delete the shortcut folder. Navigate to parent folder of the shortcut. Select menu for the shortcut and selected Delete. This will put the shortcut folder into the user's trash folder.
6. Permanently delete the folder by removing it from trash. Navigate to the user's trash folder by selecting My Content Server -> My Folders. Then click Trash. Select menu for the shortcut and select Delete Permanently.
7. Run query in step 4 again and this will verify the records still exists in FrameworkFoldersMetaDefaults for the shortcut.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms