Uploading Content in WebCenter Portal Doesn't Honor the Security Group Set in a Content Profile. The Security Group from the Library Folder Where the File is Being Uploaded is Used Instead.
Last updated on MAY 15, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Security Group from a Content Profile is not honored when uploading documents in WebCenter Portal.
The Security Group From the Library Folder Where the File is Being Uploaded is Used Instead.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Configure a library folder in WebCenter Content with a security group of "Public".
- In Portal, using the same library folder, upload a document.
The default security group will be "Public".
- Create a content Profile with a Security Group as "Protected" or any other security group.
- Upload a document to the library folder from WebCenter Content UI using the content profile.
Confirm the document has the Security Group from the content profile.
- Upload a document to the same library folder in WebCenter Portal using the content profile.
Note the Security Group is "Public" which is the default security group from the library folder.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms