ODI 12c Knowledge Modules Retain References to Mappings via "Used by" Section Even After Link Between Them is Removed
(Doc ID 2399185.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c, all references to mappings in particular Knowledge Modules (KM) remain even though the link between the mapping and KM no longer exists. This behavior can be seen via the "Used by" section of a Knowledge Module which was used in a mapping, but has since been removed.
It is expected that these references would be deleted within ODI Studio as the dependencies are removed.
Steps to reproduce are as follows:
- Create a mapping in ODI Studio which makes use of a KM. The KM can be either at the project level, or can be a Global KM. Save the mapping.
- Open the Physical tab of the mapping and change the KM to a different one. Save the mapping.
- Navigate to the "Designer" tab of ODI Studio, then click the "+" sign next to Knowledge Modules. As described before, the KM can be located at the project level, or can be a Global KM which is available to all projects in the "Designer" tab.
- Click the "+" sign next to the first KM that was utilized in the mapping (from Step 1 above).
- For the KM from Step 4, click the "+" sign next to "Used by" and observe that the KM still references the mapping - even though the link between them has been removed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Apply Patch to Resolve for New Mappings|
|Fixing Existing Mappings|