Using Ghostscript as an External Conversion Processor Is Creating Different Quality Images Then Ghostscript With Email Import Processor
(Doc ID 2405140.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Enterprise Capture - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Images created from a "Folder" Import Processor and converted to tiff using Ghostscript have poor image quality compared to using an "Email" Import Processor using Ghostscript from a script, even though Ghostscript setting is the same. The images from the "Folder" Import Processor are failing to extract data in Oracle WebCenter Forms Recognition.
Email Import Process:
1) Conversion of pdf - > tiffgray using Ghostscript (-q -dNOPAUSE -dNumRenderingThreads=4 -r300 -sDEVICE=tiffgray -sCompression=lzw -sOutputFile=<Output File> <Input File> -c quit )
2) Conversion of tiffgray -> TIFF B/W (doc conversion)
In both processes, the JPEG quality is not used.
- In the step one, "preserve image files " is on, so the tiff is not being broken down into jpegs.
- In the step two, there is a conversion to TIFF B/W, hence the extracted images are saved as tiffs and not jpegs .
Folder Import Process:
- Step one is not possible in order to generate a comparable TIFF.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document