User Admin applet does not reflect role changes for users.
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a role is added to a user through User Admin it properly updates the users permissions in the database table.
However, when reopened that user in User Admin it will show as still having the roles that they had before that change. This happens intermittently and may show appropriate changes but the moment roles are added/deleted, it does not show changes.
Issue can be reproduced by executing following steps:-
1. Create a user thru WLS Admin console Domain -> Security Realms > myrealm -> Users and Groups -> Users.
2. Log onto WCC so that the user information is cached in UserAdmin applet and verify that guest, authenticated roles are fetched from User Profile page.
3. Now log onto WCC as an Admin and go to Administration -> Admin Applets -> User Admin (uncheck Use Filter).
4. Select the user created in step# 1 and click on Change to change the authorization type to Global. This will allow user role changes.
5. Select the user created in step# 1 and click on Edit and then Roles sub-tab to add/remove the user roles.
6. Add/remove any role to the user and close the dialog box.
7. Check the database and verify that the roles are appropriate.
8. Now go back to UserAdmin applet and select the user created in step# 1 and click on Edit and then Roles sub-tab.
9. Previously assigned roles may not appear.
Expected Result: All the roles assigned to user should appear in the Edit User <username> dialog box.
Actual Result: Recently assigned roles may or may not appear correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms