Unable to Rename the Selected Document. You Have Insufficient Privileges To Change The Author
Last updated on JULY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.170828 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to rename a document, the following error is thrown on the page:
"Unable to rename the selected document.
Unable to edit foldering information. Unable to update the content item information for 'Portal Name'. You have insufficient privileges to change the author"
Steps to replicate:
1. Go into any portal
2. Under the 'Documents' tab, find a document
3. Right click on the document and select 'Rename'
4. Change the file name to anything else
5. Receive the error
Other notes about this issue:
- This issue only happens if a user tries to rename a document where they are not the 'author' of the document for all revisions. If they attempt to rename a document where they are the author for all revisions, the error is not seen.
- This issue does NOT happen if you do a rename to the file directly through WebCenter Content. This only happens when the rename is performed through WebCenter Portal.
- This issue happens to all users regardless of their access level. This error happens with the 'weblogic' user as well.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms