Okta SLO(Single LogOut) url fails to logout WLS 12.2.x console
(Doc ID 2424868.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After updating WLS console logout URL with Okta SLO url, we see that logout of WLS console works fine on WLS 12.1.3, but the same SLO url fails to completely destroy the console JSESSIONID in WLS 12.2.x
Below are the steps to reproduce this issue :
- Login to WLS console using Okta SSO
- Now change the logout url of console application to "https://<YOURDOMAIN>.okta.com/login/signout"
- Logout of WLS console
- Logout is successful in both WLS 12.1.3 and WLS 12.2.1
- Now access console again from the same browser tab.
- Login again to Okta from the same browser tab.
- It goes into an infinite loop on WLS 12.2.1 but we get the console page on WLS 12.1.3
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document