Running the Reconfiguration Wizard to Reconfigure the Domain for Upgrading from 11g to 12c Fails With Error: Failed to perform cryptographic operation
(Doc ID 2443614.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 20, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Running the Reconfiguration Wizard to reconfigure the domain for upgrading from 11g to 12c fails with the following error:
oracle.security.jps.JpsException: oracle.security.jps.service.keystore.KeyStoreServiceException: oracle.security.jps.service.keystore.KeyStoreServiceException: Failed to perform cryptographic operation
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Complete all pre-upgrade tasks.
- Install the 12c product distributions for all the products that are part of the domain.
- Run the 12c Repository Creation Utility (RCU) to create the required 12c schemas.
- Run the Upgrade Assistant to upgrade the schemas used by the domain.
- Run the Reconfiguration Wizard to reconfigure the domain.
In this step the reconfiguration wizard will fail.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document