Quick Searches Fail Because the Custom Quick Searches Are Encoded After Clicking Save
(Doc ID 2449621.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2022
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Custom quick searches are encoded after clicking Save. As a result, the query text becomes invalid and query parsing errors occur. This can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1. Navigate to My Content Server -> My Quick Searches
2. Click Create New under "Quick Searches defined by admins". Select Search Forms -> Query Builder Form
3. Enter key and label
4. In the "Query Builder" section, select Title <contains> test
5. Click on the "show query builder advanced options". Then, check the Modify Query Text.
6. Replace text with the following:
<usch>dDocTitle <substring> `#s`</usch>
7. Click Save. When the Quick Searches is displayed, the "<" and ">" in the search query text is encoded with "<" and ">" as shown below.
8. As a result, the quick searches fail. The following is example of selecting the new yyyy quick search and searching for the string "test".
After clicking search button to the right, the following "query text is invalid" exception is returned.
9. The logs show a parsing error for the search query text.
Applied either of the following patches:
- One-off patch 26596903 on top of WCC 220.127.116.11 Bundle Patch 171211 (MOS Patch 27116621)
- WCC 18.104.22.168 BP 180717 (MOS Patch 27918773)
- WCC 22.214.171.124 BP 180717 (MOS Patch 27918777)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document