How to Start/Stop the 12c OID Server (in New WLST Commands replacing "OPMN") / Encountering "Unable To Bind To LDAP Server" Error after System Reboot.
(Doc ID 2450451.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.180621 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OID 12c Server Start/Stop Issues - Encountering Error "Unable To Bind To LDAP Server", after System Reboot.
- New OID 188.8.131.52 installation.
- The "oid_setup" command completed successfully and initial testing was confirmed (ldapbind is working at this point).
- Stopped Services and Rebooted the System.
- Started Nodemanager and WLS AdminServer.
- The "oid_instancestatus" shows the OID is up.
....but ldapbind will no longer connect.
Observed Error Output
The system was rebooted, and/or the OID Server processes were stopped (or simply not running), by means other than the official 12c procedures.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document