Exalogic Virtual: Guest vServers EoIB Network Not Working & Unable To Ping EoIB Network Gateway From The vServer
(Doc ID 2453050.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Virtual Server x86-64
In Exalogic Virtual 2.0.6.x racks, issue of EoIB network not working on guest vServers is seen. At the time of the issue we are unable to ping EoIB network Gateway from the Guest vServer.
Below is the environment details where the problem is noticed.
- Two IB NM2 GW switches connects to two uplink Oracle ES2-64 switches. The connection is like blow:
- IB switch 1 connects to ES2-64 switch 1 through a MPO-to-4 LC Fibre Splitter cable
- IB switch 2 connects to ES2-64 switch 2 through a MPO-to-4 LC Fibre Splitter cable
Regarding the MPO-to-4 LC Fibre Splitter cable, please refer to the following Doc section "188.8.131.52 Ethernet Device Requirements"
One day, ES2-64 switch 2 failed. After replacing it and restoring the configuration, it is noticed that when shutting down ES2-64 switch 1 and only keep ES2-64 switch 2 UP, all vServers can't ping the EoIB bond interface gateway IP. However when only keep ES2-64 switch 1 up, there is no issue.
During the time of the issue, the following checks were performed:
- Login to IB NM2 GW switch 2 which connects to ES2-64 switch 2, run command "showgwports", we can see all 8 links are up.
- Login to IB NM2 GW switch 2, run command "showvnics", all VNICs are up as well.
- Login to ES2-64 switch 2, we can see all the ports connecting to IB NM2 GW switches are configured with trunk mode and are running in good status.
- Login to ES2-64 switch 2, run command "show mac-address-table", we can see all MAC address of the EoIB VNICs are learned.
When ES2-64 switch 2 failed, the Exalogic rack as well as the uplink switches were also relocated to a new data center.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document