WCS 18.104.22.168 Change Timezone From UTC+0 To UTC+8, WCS Become Terribly Slow, Page Failed To Open
(Doc ID 2453677.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Sites - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, WebCenter Sites
After changing the WebCenter Sites (WCS) managed server time zone to Asia and restarting managed server WCS became slowed down. The symptom noticed include:
- slow response in WCS Admin page,
- end user page request failed to open
After rolling back the timezone change, the system performance immediately restored to normal.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Test loading of an existing page and record the time with the help of the browser developer tools network trace.
2. Configure the Sites Managed Server with new timezone, such as -Duser.timezone=CST
3. Restart managed Server
4. Retest loading the same page and record the time with the help of the browser developer tools network trace.
5. Observe that the load time is excessively longer
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot load pages in a reasonable amount of time
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document