OUD - Index Corruption "severity=SEVERE_ERROR msgID=8650998" When Upgrading Replication Instance with Encrypted Attributes from 11g to 12c
(Doc ID 2458491.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Unified Directory - Version 18.104.22.168.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Index corruption occurred when upgrading OUD 11g to a 12c instance.
[05/Oct/2018:07:14:33 +0100] category=JEB severity=SEVERE_ERROR msgID=8650998 msg=An error occurred while reading from index dc_<DC>_dc_<DC>_telephoneNumber.equality key 2B 31 35 39 31 35 33 37 33 33 30 31 <VALUE>
. This value seems to be corrupt . The index should be checked or rebuilt
- Two instances with replication enabled (primary and consumer)
- Data encryption configuration needed.
attribute-encryption-include : cn
enabled : true
encrypted-suffix : "<SUFFIX_DN>"
encryption-algorithm : aes-128
- Upgrade consumer instance referring to the documentation steps. Don't start instance till some update performed on primary.
6.3 Updating a Directory Service Without Service Interruption
- Perform update(ADD/MODIFY/DEL) to primary instance during consumer stopped/upgrading period.
- Start consumer which was upgraded in prior step (above), and then the index corruption errors can be seen/reproduced in the consumer errors log.
- Whenever deletion update was performed and synced from the primary instance, the corruption error is reproduced.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document