'Content Server error' When Vanity URL Redirects to Auto Generated Vanity URL That Changed
(Doc ID 2477258.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Sites - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release FatWire]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, WebCenter Sites
When attempting to edit any of the attributes used to build automatically-generated URLs for Pages, if the asset has any URL redirection to that automatically-generated URL, a 'Content Server error' is shown and the asset can't be edited anymore.
Specifically, the attributes used for URL generation are custom URL, menu title and title, and the issue can be replicated when modifying any of these fields.
Content Server Error
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Page asset.
2. Introduce values for, at least, the mandatory fields
3. Save the asset
4. Check that a URL for it has been automatically generated and uses the value of the title attribute. Example:
a. Title attribute: test page
b. URL generated:
5. Manually add a new URL to the page and set a redirect for it to the current page:
6. Save the asset
7. Edit it and change the value for the title attribute
8. Save the asset
9. After a few seconds, the page seems to crash and remains blank
10. If you try to inspect the asset, you get a “Content Server error” message:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document