OID OIDLDAPD Process Fail to Start, Are Killed And Respawned
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.2 to 11.1.1 [Release 10gR2 to 11g]
Unable to start the oidldapd process. The oidmon.log file shows the process starting and getting respawned about 10 times until oidmon finally gives up.
The oidmon process starts up just fine and create the standard oidmon.log file. When using oidctl to start oidldapd there are no errors and no oidldapd01.log file created. In fact there is nothing at all created other than the messages in the oidmon.log file showing the server getting respawned.
Enabling OID tracing does not produce any oidldapd01.log file.
Tried running 'oidldapd' manually (not from oidctl) and we immediately get back an error that says 'killed' which tends to be the same type thing that we see when starting it via oidctl.
Verified that the installation is correct by checking the following:
- ownership/permission on oidmon file is oracle/4710
- ownership/permission on oracle file is oracle/6751
- ownership/permission on oidldapd file is root/4710
- tnsnames.ora file has an alias for the database that can be successfully connected to using sqlplus
- database and listener are both running
- starting the oidmon and oidctl processes as OS user oracle
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms