OIM with LDAP Sync: Improper Error Messages in Ldap Create/Delete/Modify Operation
(Doc ID 2497150.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2021
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 22.214.171.124.180620 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OIM R2PS3: Invalid errors which were masking actual errors during LDAP Create/Modify/Delete and no proper errors logged at UI.
1. Create User which is already present at LDAP but not in OIM.
2. Modify User Which is present in OIM but not in LDAP.
4. There is also a Performance issue from LDAP due to NULL search at LDAP.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Setup OIM with LDAP sync.
2. Create user at OIM which also create at LDAP.
3. Delete user at LDAP.
4. MODIFY user at OIM with any attributes which will throw Nullpointer Exception.
5. Delete user at OIM which will throw 'userPassword' has no values.
6. Create User at LDAP directlty and Create same user at OIM.
7. Check UI which will show different error on UI instead of actual errors.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!