Cannot Override Security For A Portal Page
(Doc ID 2497720.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.171018 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User is allowed to delete a page even when the delete permission is removed by overriding the security at page level. User is not able to override the security for a Portal Page.
User created the pre-defined Delegated Manager role for the Portal and edited the permissions for that role and removed all permissions except the permissions under Pages section.
So a Delegated Manager is able to manage all pages, create new pages and delete them.
User wants to prevent them to delete the Home page.
In the Page Information for Home page > Security tab, user selected Override Security and unchecked Grant, Publish, Create, Delete permissions for Delegated Manager role but when they re-login as a Delegated
Manager user, they can still delete the Home page.
STEP BY STEP TESTCASE
1. Create a Portal "Security Portal".
2. Add a role Delegated role and modify the same and edit the permissions for that role, and remove all permissions except the permissions under Pages section.
3. Assign testuser1 to this role.
4. Create a new page "New Page" in portal i.e "Security Portal " and this is created to check whether home page can be deleted or not.
5. Go to the page information of Home page.
6. Go to Security tab and override the security.
7. Uncheck Grant, Publish, Create, Delete permissions for Delegated Manager role.
8. Login as Delegated Manager "testuser1" and edit the portal.
9. Try to delete the home page.
10. Home page gets deleted although the user should not have a right to delete.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document