ODI 12c Smart Import of a Context Updates the Logical Agents Despite IGNORE Action Having been Chosen in the Studio UI
(Doc ID 2518188.1)
Last updated on JUNE 16, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.2 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Smart Export has been created from an Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 11g environment, containing integration Interfaces which refer to a Context. This same Context is used differently in the ODI 12c environment, therefore during the Smart Import process, the action for Context <CONTEXT NAME> has been set to ignore. After completion of the Smart Import, it has been observed that the ODI 12c physical Agents have changed for that Context.
**Ignoring** a Context during the smart import operation should leave the Agents, Logical Schema, etc associated to this Context unchanged.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- In ODI 11g, create a context and associate to a Physical Agent, and Logical Agent. Also create an Integration Interface that uses this same Context.
- Smart export the Integration Interface from ODI 11g.
- In ODI 12c Studio, smart import the above to create the **initial** infrastructure data. Keep the default import actions.
- In ODI 12c Studio, create a NEW Physical Agent, and assign it to the Logical Agent and Context.
This will over-write the settings brought by the smart import at step #3 above.
- In ODI 12c Studio, re-smart import the above. In the smart import UI, set the action for Context to **ignore**. Complete the import.
- Observe in the ODI 12c Topology that now Logical Agent is mapped to the first Physical Agent in the Context instead of keeping the changes from point #4 above.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document