ESSO-LM Fails To Recognize Web Applications in Chrome And Firefox
(Doc ID 2535728.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite Plus - Version 188.8.131.52.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On: 184.108.40.206.1 Logon Manager
The ESSO-LM agent is failing to inject credentials into web applications in the Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers.
Testing the Logon Manager works with Internet Explorer, and the balloon tip appears on top of the Logon Manager icon in the Windows System tray.
When testing the same web page within Chrome nothing happens. The username field seems to be populated. Chrome shows the add-on in the right hand corner of the browser, but no balloon tip appears.
Testing the application in Firefox shows the username as well, but the ESSO icon is not present in the browser and the balloon tip fails to appear. Installed the Firefox add-on (ESSO_Suite_220.127.116.11.1_Firefox_Support_Update.msi) and the ESSO extension appears in Firefox Add-ons as active.
ESSO-LM agent recognizes the web applications and injects the user credentials in the Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Upgraded server components, installed a new ESSO Administrative Console of 18.104.22.168.1 with LM 22.214.171.124.1 and imported agent settings in again.
- Created another ou called SSOConfigGroup with sub OU Production, Development and Test. Mirrored AD permissions according to SSOConfig which was managed by 126.96.36.199.0 release.
- Published two Test OU apps to the new SSOConfigGroup Test OU and applied to the current logged on user.
- Updated the Agent settings to point to the new OU
- Open the applications in the Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
Due to this issue, users cannot authenticate to the applications with ESSO-LM in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document