Links to a Portal Page are Broken After Renaming the Portal Page
(Doc ID 2540778.1)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Receive a 'Page Not Found' error when attempting to access a link in a text component that points to a portal that was renamed.
1. Login to WebCenter Portal.
2. Create a public portal named portal2.
3. Create a new page: New Page.
4. Edit the Home page > Add component > Select Content Management >Add Text component.
5. Edit Content > Add Link > Select Link type:Page > Create Link to New Page > Save.
6. Click on the newly created link. This redirects to the "New Page" page as expected.
7. Rename portal2 to Portal21.
8. When renaming the portal, it prompts the following message:
"Changing a portal name also changes the direct URL to the portal, breaking any existing links to the portal."
Try to click on the link again. A "Page Not Found" error is received.
After renaming the portal,it redirects to page not found page.
In the source code of the link, it still points to portal2:
<a href="/webcenter/portal/portal2/pages_page1" target="_top"><linkname></a>
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document