APEX Login Failure - Sorry, this page isn't available - Due to Stale Heterogeneous Services DB Link to MySQL DB
(Doc ID 2551082.1)
Last updated on MAY 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle REST Data Services - Version 18.4 and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. APEX 18.2, ORDS 18.4 Standalone, 184.108.40.206 Database
2. First thing in the morning, after no overnight APEX application activity, APEX login fails with the following error:
Sorry, this page isn't available
Error processing request.
Contact your application administrator
3. When the problem occurs ORDS is up and running and still shows the correct version of APEX using http://hostname:port/i/apex_version.txt
4. When the problem is occurring there are several inactive connections to apex_public_user in v$session.
5. The issue can be resolved by killing all of the existing apex_public_user connections. When this is done, the connection is recreated and apex starts working again. There is no need to restart ORDS.
6. DB tracing shows a connection error related to a DB link created outside of APEX using Heterogeneous Services that is connecting to a MYSQL server DB.
7. The DB link is using Heterogeneous Services to connect to a MYSQL DB. It uses the ORACLE Database Gateway to a MYSQL server using OS level ODBC libraries.
8. There is one APEX application built upon a view based on the above DB link.
9. When the problem is occurring, the DB link can be used from sqlplus to query the MYSQL objects successfully.
10. The DB link was created outside of APEX, but the problem occurs regardless.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document